Don't Forget the Lawn When You Move!
You might not think about it or this might not be high on your moving list but you need to leave a "history" of the yard for the new owners. This will apply for both residential sales and commercial sales. Include, but not limited to, the following information:
- give the name and phone number of the maintenance company that maintains the property
- outline the irrigation system (zones, heads, brand, last repaired, water cycle settings, etc)
- type of turf/grass planted
- list type of equipment used
- fertilizer used and last applicaiton date
- leave any results from soil samples taken in the past
- point out any problem areas
- list plant material in planting beds as well as mulch used
- list anything else that would help the new owner
Leaving this information will not only help out the new owners but this will also help with any issues that may arise during the transition from old to new owner. If you use a realtor, she/he will most likely ask for this type of information. You being ready with this information is always welcome.